[xml] Porting LibXML to embedded system

I have a minimal linux operating system that fits on a floppy. I've been trying to add libXML support on it.
Does anyone possibly know howto do it, or any documentation about it? I have some restrictions which make my job harder.
Glibc-2.0.7 must be used. I think I could compiled the libXML using glibc 2.0.7. I noticed that zlib is necessary in order to run applications related to XML. glibc-2.0.7 does not have zlib by default. Perhaps I should understand the libtool first, because adding zlib might be easy. But before that, I want to know the feasibility of porting libXML to such a system.
Thanks in advance.

Pinar.