[xml] What to put in Makefile.am for linking to libxml ?

This is probably a very simple question,
but I'm not educated enough to figure it out
yet.

I put
 INCLUDES=-I/usr/include/libxml2
in my Makefile.am, and now I can compile making libxml
calls (altho, I suspect there may be a better method
than using that absolute path ?), but I don't know what
to put in the Makefile.am in order to link successfully.
Any pointers ?

[I tried searching for "Makefile.am" in the list archives,
and "linking".]

Cordially,

Perry

MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail