Re: [xml] tracking libxml's internal node creation / destruction?

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 11:30:19AM +0100, Luca Padovani wrote:
On Wed, 2003-01-01 at 21:56, Daniel Veillard wrote:
  libxml3 may never show up.

this comes as a surprise to me. I think there are a number of
improvements that both libxml2 and libxslt would benefit from if
implemented. Or does it mean you're going to dismiss maintenance of
libxml?

  Simply that I don't see at this point the resources needed to go
though an backward incompatible new branch. I'm seriously busy with
my existing job, libxml2 stabilization and implementation of the
set of features I want in, I can't commit now or in a close future to
a version breaking things.

except for a single reject applied cleanly), but there is probably a
number of places in the code where objects may be allocated or deallocated
which won't generate the expected callback.

this is already a good news though. I'm anxious to play with these
callback functions and possibly provide useful feedback.

  okay, perfect.

right. In particular for Gdome2 and other bindings we found particularly
useful the "valgrind" tool which helps finding memory leaks.

  and which I use a lot too. Though to track just memory leaks I simply
activate memory debug in my work environment, and check the reports done
by that small memory wrapping layer

Daniel