Fwd: Re: [xml] Release of libxml2-2.5.3

--- Begin Message ---
Hi Daniel,

I'm pretty sure, there was no attempt to build the python module when
compiling 2.5.2.

  Strange too, because that has been in the default build for a long
time now...

I was wrong about that.
I just checked: the python module is built 2.5.2.
So the difference is, that this works for 2.5.2 whereas the module built
in 2.5.3 fails.

So probably it's related to the python version.
I have 2.1.1 here.
Python 2.1.1 (#1, Sep 24 2001, 05:28:47)
[GCC 2.95.3 20010315 (SuSE)] on linux2

Sorry, I don't have the time (and python experience) for further
examination. And I won't miss the python module for now.

greetings
        Morus

--- End Message ---