Re: [xml] Problems linking

Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 02:44:56AM +0100, Igor Zlatkovic wrote:

Whatever you think you know about the location of your libxml2, Unix knows better ;-)

  xml2-config is the solution.
    xml2-config --cflags must be used to get the compiler flags
    xml2-config --libs   must be used to get the library dependancies.

xml2-config is built as part of the configure process and installed as part of "make install". It should always have the "correct" values.

Aye, that is true. The pkg-config thing can also be used for that purpose. But, that wasn't the question :-)

Nick's question was, as I perceived it, how did the linker find some library libaaa.so, after a -laaa parameter appeared on its command-line.

That has nothing to do with libxml and actually puts the whole thing off-topic, but I felt in a mood to answer anyway ;-)

Ciao,
Igor