Re: [xml] HTMLparser enhancements

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 11:39:36PM +0000, Nick Kew wrote:

As recently discussed, I attach a proposed patch.  At Daniel's suggestion,
I've added knowledge of REQUIRED attributes to my original proposal.

This is largely cut-and-paste from libhtnorm, which stores the HTML info
as a hash.  It's also untested, and likely to contain bugs.  If you're
happy with it in principle, I'll take a bit more time to check it and
plug it in to some real-life software.

The attachments are diff -u against 2.4.30.

  Okay, thanks ! I finally applied it, I just made a couple of changes:
    - keeping the string descriptions as const char * instead of
      const xmlChar * and a few cast to avoid a huge amount of warning
      from the compiler ...
  gcc -pedantic -W -Wunused -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -Wswitch -Wcomment -Wtrigraphs -Wformat
-Wchar-subscripts -Wuninitialized -Wparentheses -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings
-Waggregate-return -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Winline -Wredundant-decls
   - changed the strcmp into xmlStrcmp for uniformity with libxml2
     string operations.
   - changed back one of the flags of the "p" declarations which were
     different from libxml2-2.5.1 one, and generating changes in the
     HTML regression tests.

The new APIs are not changed due to the changes. I hope I didn't introduce
bugs in the process.

   thanks again,

Daniel