Re: [xml] validation automatically turned on?

I think it's validating because, unless I remove the DOCTYPE decl, parsing takes a few seconds instead of a
fraction of a second and if I change the DTD url in it to a non-existing one I get a NanoHTTP error saying
that external entity loading failed. Weird 'cause the code I use is:

ctxt = libxml2.createFileParserCtxt(fileurl)
ctxt.validate(0)
ctxt.parseDocument()

or directly:

libxml2.parseFile(fileurl)

As I said earlier the above code in the python interactive shell does not validate but it does when I use it
in my app, which is a Twisted plugin [1]. Is there any chance that the global variable gets overridden by
Twisted? I will try to debug it now, any hint much appreciated.

I am planning not to use DTD validation in any way in my app so is there a way I can make sure it never
happens i.e. disabling support for it in the library?

One last thing: even if that file is an xhtml doc I really am interested in it only as generic xml but I've
seen that libxml builds an HTML object model out of it.. is there any way I can disable that behavior and
have it parsed just as a generic xml file instead of html?

Thank you, ciao
ste

[1] www.twistedmatrix.com