Re: [xml] validation automatically turned on?

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 04:53:21AM +0100, Stefano Debenedetti wrote:
Hi, I am experiencing a strange behavior using libxml2.5.1 python bindings on a debian woody: I have an
application that parses many xml files and one of them is an xhtml file referencing the dtd on the w3c
site. It seems that when parsing that file validation is turned on even if i just use a libxml2.parseFile
call...
I also tried to create a parser context and call validate(0) on it but validation happens anyway...
I tried to do the same thing using the interactive python shell but I cannot replicate the behavior: the
same code does not do validation, as expected.
Are there any circumstances under which validation is automatically turned on?

  Hum, not that I can think of. The flag is inherited from a global
variable when creating the context. What make you believe it's validating
just for that file ? Error messages ?

Daniel