Re: [xml] CDATA sections do not count line numbers via SAX2 API
- From: Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com>
- To: Dave Beckett <dave beckett bristol ac uk>
- Cc: xml gnome org
- Subject: Re: [xml] CDATA sections do not count line numbers via SAX2 API
- Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 11:29:22 -0500
On Mon, Dec 22, 2003 at 04:07:12PM +0000, Dave Beckett wrote:
On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 10:56:34 -0500, Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:
Hum, I glanced over your code. I hate SAX ... callback based code is
just the worse design possible when it comes to understanding foreign
code or debugging.
I'm not sure xmlSAXLocatorPtr still work. The way the line number is extracted
from a context is from ctxt->input informations. If your code gets
it that way through xmlSAX2GetLineNumber() then that should work, that's how
xmllint itself gets them.
I changed the code to use xmlSAX2GetLineNumber and
it gives me exactly the same incorrect answers.
I replaced the column callback with xmlSAX2GetColumnNumber and it gives
entirely different and still wrong answers (the column should be ~35)
Column doesn't work. Wrt the line number the value are the same so the
locator probably use xmlSAX2GetLineNumber() internally.
xmllint get them correctly, the line information is extracted from
ctxt->input->line and seems to work okay ...xmlSAX2GetLineNumber()
also return ctxt->input->line, so I would think your code doesn't call
xmlSAX2GetLineNumber() at the right time, or there is some uncommon
parsing options being used which break line counting.
Daniel Veillard | Red Hat Network https://rhn.redhat.com/
veillard redhat com | libxml GNOME XML XSLT toolkit http://xmlsoft.org/
http://veillard.com/ | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/
] [Thread Prev