Re: [xml] CDATA sections do not count line numbers via SAX2 API

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 10:56:34 -0500, Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote: 
  Hum, I glanced over your code. I hate SAX ... callback based code is
just the worse design possible when it comes to understanding foreign 
code or debugging.
I'm not sure xmlSAXLocatorPtr still work. The way the line number is extracted
from a context is from ctxt->input informations. If your code gets
it that way through xmlSAX2GetLineNumber() then that should work, that's how
xmllint itself gets them.

I changed the code to use xmlSAX2GetLineNumber and
it gives me exactly the same incorrect answers.

I replaced the column callback with xmlSAX2GetColumnNumber and it gives
entirely different and still wrong answers (the column should be ~35)

$ ./cdata_bug a.xml
line 6 column 25 error - xmlParseEntityRef: expecting ';'
$ ./cdata_bug b.xml
line 8 column 25 error - xmlParseEntityRef: expecting ';'

After (with xmlSAX2GetLineNumber / xmlSAX2GetColumnNumber):
$ ./cdata_bug a.xml
line 6 column 96 error - EntityRef: expecting ';'
$ ./cdata_bug b.xml
line 8 column 63 error - EntityRef: expecting ';'


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]