[no subject]

Eventually I'd have seen xmlCopyNode which sounds very like what I want,
and I'd have followed its link (actually it's pretty obvious when you look
at the index. Having looked at this I would verify that its prototype is
actually something I can use (it takes an xmlNodePtr - which is what I
have - and it returns an xmlNodePtr - which is what I want). At this point
it's time to start trying to use it and see whether it is what I want.

There's also xmlDocCopyNode right below it which I'd see and put on one
side in case xmlCopyNode wasn't quite what I wanted.

The following stages are important :

  1. Identify what you want to know.
  2. Attempt to locate in the index, or contents of the documentation
     those key terms or concepts that might answer your question.
  3. Verify that what you wanted to know is actually useful to you.

At the end of this I might consider asking such a question to others.
Given that it is such a obvious question for an XML library in this case,
if you can't find the details I would ask myself the question "Am I stupid
? This is a simple thing and I can't find it... what am I missing here ?"
and try to think around the problem. Invariably I'm not stupid, I'm just
thinking about it differently and asking the wrong question.

That's how I find stuff out. The documentation is large, but there is a
search engine and an index for terms which aren't there for the authors
own health. They're there to help you :-)

--- Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:
On Sun, Dec 21, 2003 at 07:22:54PM +0100, Wei Chen