Re: [xml] how to add namespace-less node in python

On Sat, 2003-12-20 at 12:52, Hannu Krosing wrote:
Thanks!

Any idea why it is done this way ?

I'm no expert on this, but my guess it's because of the following in the
namespace spec[1]:

 5.2 Namespace Defaulting
 A default namespace is considered to apply to the element where it is
 declared (if that element has no namespace prefix), and to all elements
 with no prefix within the content of that element.

So if I'm reading the spec correctly (please, spec wizards correct me if
I'm wrong) it looks as though your <title/> and <a:title/> are
equivalent, because even without the "a:" the default namespace applies.

Cheers,
John

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names/#defaulting