Re: [xml] how to add namespace-less node in python

Try this:

#!/usr/bin/python -u
import libxml2

doc = libxml2.newDoc("1.0")
root = doc.newChild(None, "doc", None)
docns = root.newNs("http://www.krosing.net/testns","a";)
para = root.newChild(docns, "para", None)
title = doc.newDocNode(None, "title", None)
para.addChild(title)
print doc.serialize(None,1)

On Sat, 2003-12-20 at 09:50, Hannu Krosing wrote:
Hallo

I need to add a node that has no namespace prefix while building xml doc
in python (for my home-made SOAP server/client lib).

I know that such a tree is possible, as it is correctly generated by
libxml2.parseFile :

d = libxml2.parseFile('nstest.xml')
print d.serialize(None,1)
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<doc xmlns:a="http://www.krosing.net/testns";>
  <a:para>
    <title/>
  </a:para>
</doc>

But I am unable to make similar tree programmatically:

doc = libxml2.newDoc("1.0")
root = doc.newChild(None, "doc", None)
docns = root.newNs("http://www.krosing.net/testns","a";)
para = root.newChild(docns, "para", None)
title = para.newChild(None, "title", None)
print doc.serialize(None,1)
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<doc xmlns:a="http://www.krosing.net/testns";>
  <a:para>
    <a:title/>
  </a:para>
</doc>

I want to get <title/> and not <a:title/> .

What am I doing wrong ?