Re: [xml] problems with libxml2 under Windows 98

You are missing some dependency on the Win9x station.  Write a small test
program as follows:

---
#include <windows.h>
#include <stdio.h>

int main(int argc, char**argv) {
 if (argc < 2)
  return 0;

  printf("%s : 0x%08X\n", argv[1],LoadLibrary(argv[1]));
}
---

Run this program against libxml2.dll.  Ensure that it prints non-zero.  If
it prints zero, run the command
  dumpbin /imports libxml2.dll and look at each DLL it refers to.

 Run the above program against those (from the same directory as you are
running
your program from until you find the culprit.

                      "Greg Hazel"

                      <gah thalassocrac        To:       xml gnome org

                      y.org>                   cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [xml] problems with libxml2 under Windows 98

                      xml-admin gnome o

                      rg

                      12/09/2003 07:34

                      PM

I've tried to link against libxml2 version 2.6.2 'libxml2.lib' provided by
Igor Zlatkovic, as well as the self-compiled lib from source (Zlatkovic
specifically warns against using his binaries on Win95/98/ME). In both
cases, my problem is the dll I'm making (which relies on libxml2) is not
loaded under Win98 (presumably 95/ME as well) when it works fine on
Win2k/XP/2k3 (linked statically or dynamically). If I remove the libxml2
dependency (comment out all uses of it so the compiler drops the lib) then
my dll loads fine in all versions of Windows.
Is this some OS check or OS dependant feature that libxml2 is using? I
swear
I've seen libxml2 run on Win98 in the past.
Any help would be appreciated (please don't flame me for wanting to support
Win98..)