Re: [xml] passing the FPI to the DTD validator

On Sun, Aug 17, 2003 at 09:53:07PM +0200, Tobias Reif wrote:
Daniel Veillard wrote:

  Use the canonical URL instead of a path in your filesystem for the
DTD this will work with the dtdvalid option assuming your catalogs
are properly constructed to remap the canonical URL to your local
installation path.

It doesn't work. I could change my catalog and make it work, but I would
be happy if I could simply pass the FPI to xmllint. My catalog maps FPIs
to local DTDs, I don't really want to be required to add mappings for
all the canonical DTD URLs.

  This is so incredibly fragile !

I know that you don't want to add many more options to xmllint, but the
functionality behind the suggested feature is already implemented; the
option could be added easily.

  Not arguing about that. I commited this in CVS, but I really don't suggest
people rely on FPI for XML processing. URL are mandatory for XML, that's
the only reliable way to address XML resources.

Daniel