Re: [xml] Namespace equality with Python bindings

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 03:38:44PM -0400, Anthony Carrico wrote:
On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 12:03:08PM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply. So it isn't possible to compare the C
objects from inside Python, with ns._o or similiar (sorry I'm new to
python)?

  Hum, even the _o are PyCObject which are allocated on the fly,
I'm afraid you must got to C to make the comparison. That would be
relatively easy do do from the C binding glue but seems impossible
from Python only. You would need an extension of the bindings to do
that.

Ok, I've got it. So it seems that there is absolutely no reason to
obtain a ns object using searchNsByHref when analyzing an xml document
under the Python bindings, you might as well just use a string (still
useful for synthesis however).

  precisely it has an use, to build trees ...

Daniel