Re: [xml] Please Help - XMLNewDoc crashes

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 10:39:48PM +0200, Sven Weiberg wrote:
Hi!
I'm a Developer using libxml and get a crash(segmentation fault) calling
xmlNewDoc. Here the information I could collect:
Source Code:

      xmlDocPtr xmlResultDoc;
      xmlResultDoc = xmlNewDoc((const xmlChar *)"1.0");

The Call Stack shows malloc() and mallopt() in libc.so as the following
routines called. My libxml2 Version is 2.5.7 and my libc version is
2.3.1. I'm using Debian Woody and just made an upgrade using the
unstable tree.
I'm not (yet) very experienced in Linux Development,  so it's maybe a
simple question, but I could really need some help.

  No reason this call may led to this problem. You probably made an error
earlier in the program, freeing twice some memory block or something similar
which corrupted the memory allocator.

Daniel