Re: [xml] "Re: [xml] usage of xmlReconciliateNs"'
- From: Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com>
- To: Kasimier Buchcik <kbuchcik 4commerce de>
- Cc: xml gnome org
- Subject: Re: [xml] "Re: [xml] usage of xmlReconciliateNs"'
- Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 09:45:19 -0400
On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 03:22:05PM +0200, Kasimier Buchcik wrote:
The only solution I can thing of by now is to enable
"xmlNewReconciliedNs" to take care of already declared namespaces in the
subtree as well, when building new prefix names. Note that
"xmlNewReconciliedNs" does not do this by now.
This is a pain in the ass: every time a reconciliated namespace is
needed the whole subtree would have to be searched as well - expensive.
So what would you suggest:
1. turtlelize things to preserve already existent namespace
2. recreate and redeclare every already existent declaration at the
top of the given tree (this is currently done) + removing the old,
unused declarations (this is currently not done)
Whetever solution will be good if:
- it preserves the namespace semantic of all names and attributes
- it requires only one pass on the whole subtree and the ancestors
I think everything else is details.
Daniel Veillard | Red Hat Network https://rhn.redhat.com/
veillard redhat com | libxml GNOME XML XSLT toolkit http://xmlsoft.org/
http://veillard.com/ | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/
] [Thread Prev