Re: [xml] More windows exports

On Sun, Apr 27, 2003 at 05:39:56PM +0200, Igor Zlatkovic wrote:
I can't express how much I hate that .def.src file :-)

Maybe it could be generated from libxml2-api.xml?

Unfortunately, no. That file does not contain information vital for the
.def.src file.

  But that information could be hard coded in the stylesheet relatively
easilly and this would require far less maintenance than the .def.src file
itself.

Namely, it does not say what must be #defined to make a certain symbol
available. For example, it says that there is a function xmlXPathEval, but
it doesn't say that its existence depends on LIBXML_XPATH_ENABLED being
#defined.

   Yeah, but it comes from the xpath module so that dependance can be
added quite easilly. That's how I do for the python binding.

Additionally, in case thread support is enabled, it contains the wrong list.
Few variables become functions in this case and their names change. For
example, xmlGenericError is a pointer to a function normally, with threads
it becomes becomes a function named __xmlGenericError.

  Okay, but those are restricted to globals.c and also can be hardcoded
in the stylesheet. It means the stylesheet may require a bit of maintenance
a few time per year, that would be still quite easier than maintaining the
.def.src file directly.

  If those points are the only ones stopping you, I may try to build that
stylesheet :-)

Daniel