Re: [xml] c14n problem

I belive the output should not contain the namespace declaration for the "xml" prefix since it
refers to "";. Is this a bug? Or am I reading the c14n spec

I believe that rule #3 of Section 3 takes precedence over the special-case rules in the base C14N document. Further, the non-normative sample implementation has no special-casing for the XML namespace.

I see that IBM xss4j (which calls its excl-c14n experimental) gets it wrong (i.e., they give what you expect, not what I think it should be).