Re: [xml] On processing large documents

On Fri, 2003-04-18 at 02:53, Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 07:29:47PM -0600, John Fleck wrote:
On Thu, 2003-04-17 at 08:56, Daniel Veillard wrote:

This has been added to the xmllint tool when using the combinaison of
--stream and --relaxng flags, here is a simple example:

It looks as though the current man page entries are sufficient to cover
this?
[...]
Or should I add something specific about their use together?

 Hum, that's where the standard practice of explaning the options
separately shows its limits. I think that's good enough, maybe at
some point more general processing description should be added, but
it's not urgent.

How about this for the --stream entry:

        Use streaming API - useful for validation of files that are  too
        large to be held in memory when used in combination with
        --relaxng, --valid or --dtdvalid options.

Would that be accurate? (That is to say, "--stream" does work with
"--valid" and with "--dtdvalid", does it not?)

Cheers,
John

--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"Sliced bread wasn't an innovation. Sliced pizza was. I mean, can you
 imagine eating a family sized unsliced pizza?"
 - Jeff Waugh