Re: [xml] libxml2 review in windows::developer

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 12:09:38PM +0200, Peter Jacobi wrote:
All testing done using C++, libxml2 used via libbxml++. The other parsers

  I have no idea what libxml++ does on top of libxml2.

So what's telling us these numbers:

  Not much to me because I don't know what they benchmarked.

1. Allocating the (DOM) tree needs time, and doing SAX or a specialized
parser is faster. libxml-SAX wasn't benchmarked.

   So they didn't care to actually look at libxml2 properly.

2. Xerces faster than libxml is a bit a mystery, but given the XML above,
it may be the 'attribute cost'.

   No idea, or libxml++ side effects. I won't register to get
more informations, I don't care enough. Windows and C++ are really
not my spot, I know where I can optimize libxml2/libxslt , but the
tools to do so are profilers, not random Windows magazine

Daniel Veillard      | Red Hat Network