Re: [xml] xmlregexp progressive regexp evaluation usage.

On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 10:58:00PM +0200, Alberto González Palomo wrote:

      I'm using libxml2 (version 2.5.3) for a new program, and I'd like
to use xmlregexp for the tokenizer I'll need.
      xmlRegexpExec() works fine. GCC is 2.95.4. I'm not using any -O*.

      However, I can't get the progressive evaluation to work, even
after looking at all places where I found it in libxml2's source code.

  the progressive evaluation works on sequences of strings, not
on chars, it doesn't work for standard string based regexp but
is targetting content model of nodes.
  The string based regexp like "a+" will only work in a non
progressive fashion, you hand it a string and it tells you whether
the string matches or not.

Daniel