Re: [xml] -fexceptions

Sean Middleditch wrote:

One might try using libxml++ (http://libxmlplusplus.sf.net) - it seems a
good wrapper, tho I haven't used it much yet.  Just starting playing
around with using it to replace my own C++ wrapper in AweMUD.  Should
also note I don't touch exceptions (they being one of the few things
that are real to the "C++ is bloated and slow" fud), so I can't testify
on how well libxml++ handles those in parsers.

libxml++ works around these issues by defining an exception type that
provides a 'clone()' method, so the stack isn't really unwound, but instead that exception (if any) is cached (well, a clone is) till the
parsing has finished, and then it is rethrown.

Regards,
                Stefan