Re: [xml] Building libxml2 as a DLL under MinGW MSYS

Oh, I see, you mean that even the VC group would use config.h. That's
certainly a good idea, although, again I wonder if the various

Yes, that's what I meant. No code would #include win32config.h anymore, just
config.h. That autogenerated config.h file would then have a totally
different content on your machine than it would on mine. The content of
config.h would be determined by the configuration stage, rather than
preprocessor code.

#define's that represent winsock error messages should go within it
and would be better suited in their own file so as to decouple the
configure information from the portability macros.

What is your opinion on that?

I tend to mark it a good idea, but for a different reason. I mean,
everything in config.h is portability stuff. Libxml configuration is in
xmlversion.h. Since that winsock->sock error mapping is a portability
measure, I think it well placed in config.h

However, if those winsock->sock error code translation would be in its own
file, call it wserrno.h or whatever, then your config.h and mine could both
include that file and prevent duplicate information.

Ciao
Igor