RE: [xml] EISDIR is unknown to win32

Simpler answer:  errno.h is never included for me, at least not from
xmlIO.c.  I use the standard build with the following options:

cscript configure.js prefix=c:\gsstools sodir=\gsstools\bin ftp=no c14n=no
catalog=no docb=no xpath=yes xptr=yes xinclude=yes schemas=no iconv=no
xml_debug=yes

Indeed, such configuration does not include errno.h. The fact is that
errno.h is never included in xmlIO.c directly, because HAVE_ERRNO_H is not
defined. The only thing that brought errno definitions was the iconv.h
header, which incudes it. You have disabled iconv, and errno.h was never
included.

There were problems when using the socket code together with errno and that
was the reason we never #defined HAVE_ERRNO_H. However, I see no problems
using it in sources which do not make socket calls, so I would propose this:

RCS file: /cvs/gnome/gnome-xml/include/win32config.h,v
retrieving revision 1.16
diff -c -r1.16 win32config.h
*** win32config.h       17 Apr 2002 18:35:24 -0000      1.16
--- win32config.h       20 Sep 2002 17:02:56 -0000
***************
*** 59,64 ****
--- 59,66 ----
  #define ENOTEMPTY               WSAENOTEMPTY
  */

+ #else
+ #define HAVE_ERRNO_H
  #endif /* NEED_SOCKETS */

  #define HAVE_ISINF

That solves the problem here. Before applying this, it would be nice to know
if this would break other compilers. Mr Jacobi? :-)

Also, I'm using a very new (if not the newest) platform SDK.

Platform SDK does not contain C-runtime headers, at least mine doesn't.
Check where your errno.h is and if it contains the relevant definition. If
it doesn't, we need another solution.

Ciao
Igor