From: Daniel Veillard [mailto:veillard redhat com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 4:29 PM
To: David Cramer
Cc: xslt gnome org; xml gnome org
Subject: Re: [xml] periods legal in an NMTOKEN

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 01:24:18PM -0500, David Cramer wrote:
We have a dtd with attributes defined as NMTOKEN. When the attribute
values have periods in them, we get the error:

"validity error: standalone: foo on bar value had to be normalized
based
on external subset declaration"

Our processing system is designed to die on the word error (some other
xsl processors aren't so nice with their exit codes). If I change
NMTOKEN to CDATA in the DTD, we no longer get the error but that
causes
other problems.

Looking at the spec, I think periods should be ok in an NMTOKEN:

http://www.w3c.org/TR/2000/REC-xml-20001006#NT-Nmtoken

  Right, give me a sample test case according to
    http://xmlsoft.org/bugs.html

Then I will look into it,

  thanks,

Daniel

veillard redhat com  | libxml GNOME XML XSLT toolkit
http://xmlsoft.org/