[xml] Building Python wrappers for libxml2 and libxslt under Python 2.2

On a box where libxml2 and libxslt are installed via RPM, I need to
build the Python wrappers for a Python which is *not* the system
Python.  Under Python 2.1.3, this recipe works:

  $ cd opt/libxml2-python-2.4.24
  $ ../../bin/python setup.py build install

Under Python 2.2.1, the same compile fails, because each C module tries
to include the header file, "config.h".  My guess is that the 2.1.3
builds are working (or at least appearing to) because Python's own
include directory contains a config.h;  for Python >= 2.2, that file was
renamed pyconfig.h.  In either case, the Python.h includes the
appropriate file, and so including it directly has no effect.

Is this header file supposed to be one generated by the libxml2/libxslt
configure process, rather than the Python one?  If so, how will this
configuration be available in an environment where the base packages
were compiled via RPM?  config.h is not installed into
/usr/include/libxml2, for instance.

Tres.
Tres Seaver                                tseaver zope com