Re: [xml] XPath queries on document fragments without a document

On Jeudi 05 Septembre 2002 22:21, Sean Chittenden wrote:
Hey, fwiw, if anyone's interested in a libxml/libxslt bindings for
Ruby, let me know.  They're adhering to the C API so far but aren't
finished and should be pretty easy to use.  -sc

  Hum, I love to heard about bindings for new language, but I'm
wondering how this relates to the existing Ruby bindings at :
    http://www.rubycolor.org/arc/redist/
as pointed from:
   http://xmlsoft.org/python.html

  Are the old ones unusable, or unmaintained ?

Suuuuuuper old and are by and large unmaintained.  I've contacted the
old author 'cause I based some of my work off of it (worked as a
tutorial to libxml/libxslt for me, but has basically been rewritten).
The author said he had an itch and scratched it.

Also do you plan to provide XSLT extensions using Ruby (like Matt
Sergeant did with the latest XML::LibXSLT release) ?

You bet!  I'm actually out to compete with AxKit here in a month or
two and think I can beat their performance #'s.  :~) I'm a perl->ruby
convert and want to offer something superior to Perl.  Other than an
way of dynamically creating pages via XML/XSLT, the Ruby bindings for
libxml/libxslt are also the basis for rubynet, Ruby's CPAN.

wow!! very cool. thanks for your work. I am a big Ruby fan and I think
Ruby really neads a fast xml api. there is REXML which is very cool
but sometimes something faster (C based) would be good.
and there was no complety xslt module for Ruby too.

you write you want to compete with Axkit.
does that mean there will be something like Axkit for Ruby based on libmxl?
include XSP and all the stuff??
just curious.

anyway, libxml bindins for Ruby will make this great language even more
popular.

markus

--
Markus Jais