Re: [xml] xmlShell usage on non-stdout

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 04:27:23PM -0600, Vakoc, Mark wrote:
Thats fine.  This is purely being used as a debugging tool for our
developers.  Interested in having 'mkdir/rm/rmdir' type instructions added?

  sure,

Being able to change a document on the fly outside of a attached debugger is
a powerful feature for us.  I'll probably add in the short term something
like a rm and rmdir (rmdir being elements, rm being attributes?).

  simply

    rm foo vs. rm @foo

The semantic so far is that xpath is used to select nodes in the tree,
probably a goo idea to keep a coherent behaviour

BTW I think I implemented xmlParseBalancedChunkMemory() with the goal
of being able to fork my editor from the shell apssing it a subset of
the tree and load back the modified piece "in situ". But I never took
the time to do it, though it what I would consider most productive
to quickly debug/fix XML or HTML files.

Daniel