Re[6]: [xml] libxml2 add <p> tag

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002 07:34:52 -0400 Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:

| On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 01:11:07PM +0200, Manuel Guesdon wrote:
| > Is there a way to process unknown tags are "standard tag" (i.e. like this <aTag>...</aTag>) and don't
add <p>
| > tags ?
|
|   How come "standard tag" ??? You're asking an HTML parser to parse an
| HTML resource and there is tags which are not part of the HTML SGML DTD
| and you're surprized it generate troubles ?

You're right but why even with
        htmlHandleOmittedElem(0);
we get this additional <p> ?

|   I don't know how to make the current code behave as you expect, it
| does require:
|     1/ debugging
|     2/ modifying the existing parser code
|     3/ testing that it doesn't break the existing functionalities
|
|   It can be done. I think that if you want to extend HTML functionalities
| the proper way is to use XML it was designed for this, so I'm not inclined
| myself to spend time on this issue, but I take patches resulting from
| the 1.2.3. process described before.

I understand. Even having the possibility to add tags in html40ElementTable probably won't solve files like

Thank you for your help. I'll see how to deal with this.

Manuel

Manuel Guesdon - OXYMIUM <mguesdon oxymium net>
14 rue Jean-Baptiste Clement  -  93200 Saint-Denis  -  France
Tel: +33 1 4940 0999  -  Fax: +33 1 4940 0998