Re: Re[4]: [xml] libxml2 add <p> tag

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 01:11:07PM +0200, Manuel Guesdon wrote:
Is there a way to process unknown tags are "standard tag" (i.e. like this <aTag>...</aTag>) and don't add
tags ?

  How come "standard tag" ??? You're asking an HTML parser to parse an
HTML resource and there is tags which are not part of the HTML SGML DTD
and you're surprized it generate troubles ?
  I don't know how to make the current code behave as you expect, it
does require:
    1/ debugging
    2/ modifying the existing parser code
    3/ testing that it doesn't break the existing functionalities

  It can be done. I think that if you want to extend HTML functionalities
the proper way is to use XML it was designed for this, so I'm not inclined
myself to spend time on this issue, but I take patches resulting from
the 1.2.3. process described before.

Daniel