Re: [xml] Re: [xslt] Windows build
- From: Robert Collins <robert collins syncretize net>
- To: Igor Zlatkovic <igor stud fh-frankfurt de>
- Cc: Elizabeth Barham <soggytrousers yahoo com>, xml gnome org
- Subject: Re: [xml] Re: [xslt] Windows build
- Date: 02 Oct 2002 17:22:01 +1000
On Wed, 2002-10-02 at 17:19, Igor Zlatkovic wrote:
The presence of __CYGWIN__ does NOT imply __WIN32__.
Perhaps you misunderstood me. I didn't say that macro were present on
Cygwin. I was kindly asking you to #define it in your build if it is not.
__WIN32__ is not defined on my platform either, but will be when I tell the
makefile to turn on the apropriate -D switch. Is that a problem?
It can be done, but it's not the 'Right Way'. Cygwin uses -some- win32
features, and not others. Defining _WIN32_ means that
gcc -mcygwin -mno-win32
will be broken for libxml (because no win32 headers are present with
that compiler option), and that is wrong.
] [Thread Prev