[xml] XPathObject and user/user2

Hi

I'm trying to debug (once again) PHPs domxml extension.

The XPath part of domxml uses obj->user (obj is a xmlXPathObjectPtr) for
storing a PHP/Zend internal pointer. But when I look into the source of
xpath.c, then I see that obj->user is also used internally there.

Is my assumption right, that obj->user (and user2 for that matter),
shouldn't be used for application side storage of pointers like _private
in other structs? Is there an alternative for that (interpreting
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2002-June/msg00131.html there
isn't..) ?

If so, I wonder why it never crashed on me, but it could explain some
memory leaks on my side.

christian