Re: [xml] 2.4.27 thread problems

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 01:45:26PM +0800, William M. Brack wrote:
Well, today it's not raining ... I found the problem.

  whoohoo !!!! Your bug busting skills are always impressive, that was
a bug difficult to find, thanks a lot of the research and analysis !
In perspective it seems
  foo = malloc()
  memset(foo, 0, sizeof(foo));
could probably have been found by a lint checker.
Valgrind should have too but I never ran it with threading enabled
it still seems to have troubles with threads ...
I tried to check all the memset call made in the library ...

First, the only reason I got into this mail thread was because I
wanted to prove that Igor's modification to the spaces in the
threads.c source was the real root cause ;-).  Now, after almost two
full days of low-level debugging, at least I can say that the
problem was within the threads.c module.

  :-)

Actually, the problem has been present for quite awhile, and must
have had some other bad effects in the past.  For anyone interested,
I describe the problem in detail below.  For those not interested
but wanting to use multi-threading, the problem which I found has
been fixed in CVS.
[...]
Hope that will help, and also hope it works okay on other than x86
linux platforms (the only one I can test on).

   Thanks a lot Bill ! I updated my tree, the error disapeared for me
too, I may actually push a release soon, to get that and a few other
problems fixed out ASAP.

Daniel