Re: [xml] Should xmlGetProp() be xmlGetAttribute()?

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 01:51:47PM +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
xmlGetProp() seems to get attributes. I have been told that "properties"
are something else in XML terminology - apparently the value of the
"name" property of <something> is "something".

  it's a reference to the Infoset:
     http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-infoset/

  A property is one of the type of Information one can found.
But libxml(2) API naming convention quite predates the XML Infoset.

I'm thinking of fixing this in the libxml++ API, but I wanted to ask
first.

  Well ... relatively few people are familiar with the Infoset,
so it's a balance between established usage and that specification.
Do you intend to rewrite documentation at your layer, if yes then
the change makes sense, otherwise, it's might be better to keep
a as close as possible to the original names.

Daniel