[xml] Re: [Mingw-users] Compiling libxml2.4.26 under Win2k (with mingw or cygwin)

I'm giving this a shot, but, where is the include/wsockcompat.h file?

martyn 2 russell bt com wrote:
Thanks for your input!

When you compile with MinGW... do you use cygwin and set the paths to point
to MinGW's /bin? or do you use MSYS?

Also, I am doing this because I have written an application which is going
to be funded and developed commercially and I need to make sure (in the
unlikely event that some libraries are discontinued) that I can build ALL
libraries involved from the ground up.  This includes GLIB, GTK, LIBXML,
LIBGLADE (all ver 2) and a few others in-between (such as intl and iconv).

So far I have attempted to build ALL of these from MinGW out of the box on
Win2k (with MSYS and CYGWIN) and been unsuccessfull in some way or another.
Are there any guidelines as to how to install all/each of these packages?

At the moment, I can compile LIBGLADE and LIBXML myself with MSVC, but i'd
rather not.

I appreciate any suggestions/help.

Regards,
Martyn