RE: [xml] python bindings on windows

ROOT = r'@prefix@'

in setup.py.in, it can be replaced by the
buildPrefix variable of configure.js.

Okay, that is a good default. I'll still provide a special
variable for
that, because the Python ROOT could as well be different to
the libxml
prefix dir.

Fine by me.

Since you plan to use an exclusive library with the Pythin
bindings, setting
the incdir through configure.js for the build with Python
would suffice, no?

Yes and no. Setup.py needs to find the .lib to link with,
and also the libxml dlls to redistribute with the bindings.

Just let the people examine the diff and they will
scream if they
believe it would break something on their platform. If
someone screams, then
we'll find a way to satisfy all parties.

Ok.

Okay, I'll post that as soon as I make the required modifications to
configure.js.

Great. I'll try it out and give you feedback.

-sbi