Re: [xml] encoding tutorial draft

On Mon, 2002-11-04 at 06:57, Igor Zlatkovic wrote:
Feedback encouraged. Among other things, I've not explained (because I
don't understand) the role of iconv in all this magic, and I've not
given a definitive list of the encodings supported.

  without iconv support libxml2 has native support only for the UTF8,
UTF16 and ISO-8859-1 encodings. If it has been compiled with iconv
it will use it to support all the set available from the iconv library
(which itself is dependant on the iconv implementation).

I dare to believe that John needs more explanation, for he stated he is not
a programmer. :-)

Exactly, Igor! I'm a known danger when actually writing code, and
slightly less dangerous but still a high risk when trying to explain
code.

This is excellent explanation, which I will incorporate. I'm assuming
you saw nothing in the code itself that will lead libxml immigrants
astray?

Cheers,
John
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"Sometimes, a diner is all about the mac and cheese."
  - Zippy the Pinhead