[xml] Re: libxml2 performance xmlParseAttValue

On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 11:37:58AM +0200, Peter Jacobi wrote:
Hi Daniel, All,

Another easy one (perhaps the last and I should start
thinking before coding):

xmlParseAttValue unsurprisingly can profit from
factoring out the easy case, just as already done
for xmlParseName and xmlParseCharData.

  hum, right !

Benefits are pronounced for svg3, but also libxml-api.xml
should gain something like 10%.

  yes, that's more or less what I'm seeing here !

This optimization helps most for long attributes as the
costly processing in xmlParseAttValueComplex can
be skipped, but for many small attributes (as in
libxml-api.xml) the gains are limited by still strnduping.
For these cases xmlParseStartTag should use a
per-document static buffer for all attribute values found
in one start tag, but this will give some major surgery
in the sources.

    This would have to be associated to the parser context, why not !

  Applied, thanks !

Daniel