[xml] WG: [xml-dev] parsing a DTD without having the entities resolved.

Koen, I hope you dont' mind, but this is the correct list.

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Koen De Maesschalck [mailto:koen_demaesschalck be ibm com]
Gesendet: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 06:47
An: xml-dev lists xml org
Betreff: [xml-dev] parsing a DTD without having the entities resolved.

Hi,

I am parsing a (complex) DTD using libXML2 and using the function calls
that Daniel Veillard showed here previously:

xmlDTDPtr dtd;
dtd= parseDTD( NULL, "filename.dtd");

after that I scroll throug the children list and I am interpreting the
elements using

pElement = xmlGetDTDElementDesc( dtd, child->name);

This all works fine, however I would like to be able to browse the DTD
before the entities are resolved.  Mainly, my goal is to see which entities
are used in element content (or elsewhere in the dtd - such as in ATTLIST
declarations).

I tried to issue a call to

xmlSubstituteEntitiesDefault(0);

before I call parseDTD(), but that doesn't seem to make any difference.
What am I doing wrong?

Best regards,

Koen De Maesschalck,
e-mail   koen_demaesschalck be ibm com