Re: [xml] Re: [xslt] libxml3 (C++ Wrappers, Performance Paranoia)

Hi Daniel, All,

I'm under very tight time constraints from my day job at the moment,
but the on the other hand, I didn't see much interest for libxml3
from other people on the list.

Especially
   - integrate patches from the libxml2 branch
looks rather scary.

But given no other volunteers, I'm tempted to try it anyway.

Give it a little time for other volunteers to show up (which
usually doesn't work, I know).

Peter

 I clearly can't keep-up with all development wishes, Peter would you like
to drive this effort ? This would include the following steps:
   - make a new module in Gnome CVS called libxml3
   - give you (or another maintainer) commit rights on it
   - start hacking on that tree
   - integrate patches from the libxml2 branch
 As the IETF motto I believe in "rought consensus and running code",
and I don't see how I could at the moment maintain running code, I think
there is at least a few individual on this list ready to work on it, and I
can't act as the coordinator, so to avoid loosing time I suggest to get
the resources needed fork now and don't wait for me.
 Among the things to look at in libxml3 is the API for a shared access of
the private field of nodes,

 So Peter do you want to drive this, or otherwise is there any volunteer ?

Daniel