Subject:                RE: [xml] Release of libxml2-2.4.21
Date sent:              Thu, 2 May 2002 10:44:44 +0200
From:                   "Igor  Zlatkovic" <izlatkovic daenet de>
To:                     "Peter Jacobi" <pj walter-graphtek com>
Copies to:              <xml gnome org>

Hello Peter,

Not really, but wouldn't ctags or cscope be a string point?
[...]
For example, the symbol __docbDefaultSAXHandler exists only if both
LIBXML_THREAD_ENABLED and LIBXML_DOCB_ENABLED are #defined.
If ctags could
output this dependence, I would be a happy man.

Then, wouldn't this fit:

1. use the MSFT command line compiler in preprocess only mode
2. process output of step 1. with ctags

Good idea. Unfortunately, that would give me the '.def' file itself, not
the '.def.src'. Something that generates the .def file must be run as a
part of the build process, because the contents of the .def file is
dependent on chosen libxml features. I cannot use ctags there, because
almost no Windows machine has it.

Ciao
Igor