Re: [xml] Don't know how to make Install-Data-Local

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 04:01:27PM -0500, Fricault, Mark wrote:
When doing a 'make install' (libxml2-2.4.18), I got the following error.

      -(cd $(DESTDIR); gtkdoc-fixxref --module=libxml
--html-dir=$(HTML_DIR))
gtkdoc-fixxref: not found.
*** Error code 1 (bu21)(ignored)

  That error is ignored, the makefile is instructed to ignore it and should
proceed beyond that. So just ignore it !

The next error I got was:

Making install in example
Making install in python
Making install in .
      /bin/ksh ../mkinstalldirs
don't know how to make install-data-local
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
*** Error code 1 (bu21)

  As said previously, no idea where this comes from.

I searched the list for references to gtkdoc-fixxref, which in turn pointed
me to ftp://ftp.jimpick.com/pub/gnome/snap/gtk-doc, but I kept getting a
'file not found' error when I tried to go there.  And going to
ftp.jimppick.com/pub works, but there is no /gnome from there.

  You should not need it.

I also searched for 'install-data-local', but couldn't find anything
relative.

Any suggestions on how I should continue?

  use gnu make

Daniel