Re: [xml] XPath Error messages

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 03:43:35PM -0000, Richard Jinks wrote:
Hi

Quick question - why do the error messages reported from the XPath functions
contain the name and line number of the xpath.c source code file the error
was raised from?

"Error C:\src\libxml\xpath.c9826: Invalid expression", makes it look like a
major error with the functionality, as opposed to just making a typo in the
XPath statement.

Any objections if I remove the filename / line number from the error
messages, and change them to something more sensible?

  It's mostly coming from the ages where I started writing the XPath
code, anything more sensible will be gratefully accepted.

Daniel