Re: [xml] Possible bug in libxml2 (or libxslt?) - Error xpath.c:8686: Invalid type, xmlXPathCompiledEval: 1 object left on the stack

On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 04:10:22PM +0100, Dominique Hazaël-Massieux wrote:
Hi all!

(special wave to DV :)

  Salut DOM,

I've developed a quite complex stylesheet for a quite complex task. It
does work well with xt and saxon, but xsltproc fails to apply it with
the following error:
xmlXPathCompOpEval: parameter error
Error xpath.c:8366: Invalid type
xmlXPathCompiledEval: 1 object left on the stack
runtime error: file pubrules-checker.xml line 103 element variable
Evaluating variable SOTD failed

(with the CVS version of both libxml2 and libxslt, the error line for
xpath.c is 8686).

  Yup, I see this.

The stylesheet is available at
http://www.w3.org/2001/07/pubrules-checker.xml
Line 103 is:
<xsl:variable name="SOTD"
select="/html:html/html:body//html:h2[translate(normalize-space()
,$str:uc,$str:lc)='status of this document']"/>

   I looked quickly and could not spot the bug, I would need to go
through the debugger I'm afraid,

I haven't opened a bug in bugzilla since I'm not sure if it's a libxslt
or libxml2 bug. Let me know if you prefer I open a bug report and in

  It looks like an XPath bug, so it's related to libxml2. Could you
log the bug in bugzilla so I don't forget about it :-)

this case, specify which product I should choose. In that case, I could
attache the complete verbose output of the transformation.

  Not needed just log the problem here, I'm able to reproduce it, so ...

Daniel