[xml] Possible bug in libxml2 (or libxslt?) - Error xpath.c:8686: Invalid type, xmlXPathCompiledEval: 1 object left on the stack

Hi all!

(special wave to DV :)

I've developed a quite complex stylesheet for a quite complex task. It
does work well with xt and saxon, but xsltproc fails to apply it with
the following error:
xmlXPathCompOpEval: parameter error
Error xpath.c:8366: Invalid type
xmlXPathCompiledEval: 1 object left on the stack
runtime error: file pubrules-checker.xml line 103 element variable
Evaluating variable SOTD failed

(with the CVS version of both libxml2 and libxslt, the error line for
xpath.c is 8686).

The stylesheet is available at
Line 103 is:
<xsl:variable name="SOTD"
,$str:uc,$str:lc)='status of this document']"/>

Typical invocation of the stylesheet:
xsltproc --param doc_uri "'http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-mt/'" --param
recursive 0 http://www.w3.org/2001/07/pubrules-checker.xml

I tried this both on on-line and offline resources and on 2 different
XML documents with the same result.

I haven't opened a bug in bugzilla since I'm not sure if it's a libxslt
or libxml2 bug. Let me know if you prefer I open a bug report and in
this case, specify which product I should choose. In that case, I could
attache the complete verbose output of the transformation.

Dominique Hazaël-Massieux - http://www.w3.org/People/Dom/
W3C's Webmaster
mailto:dom w3 org

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]