From: Kevin [mailto:leinfidel netscape net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2002 1:28 AM
To: xml gnome org
Subject: [xml] MSVC unresolved external symbol errors

Hi,

I'm trying to compile a basic libxml  program example from
the docs here,

http://www.xmlsoft.org/example.html

in Visual Studio 6.  I'm using Igor's WIN32 binaries which he's so
graciously provided to the community.

However, I get  unresolved external symbol errors for every
api function
called,  output below. There is no issue with the headers or libs not
being found that I see, I can compile fine with just headers
if I don't
call on functions.

Anyone know how to resolve this?  I really want to use libxml
on the MS
platform.  I've seen other posts about this here, but no
resolutions posted.

thanks very much for any help,
Kevin

--------------------Configuration: libxml030602 - Win32
Debug--------------------
Compiling...
libxtest.c
Linking...
libxtest.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_xmlCleanupParser
libxtest.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_xmlKeepBlanksDefault
libxtest.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_xmlCheckVersion
libxtest.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlDocDump
libxtest.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_xmlIsBlankNode
libxtest.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlStrcmp
libxtest.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_xmlSearchNsByHref
libxtest.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlFreeDoc
libxtest.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_xmlDocGetRootElement
libxtest.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlParseFile
libxtest.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_xmlNodeListGetString
libxtest.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlGetProp
Debug/libxml030602.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 12 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

libxml030602.dll - 13 error(s), 0 warning(s)