Re: [xml] TestC14N patch (standard C output)

In message <3C8AC51F 3000809 aleksey com>
          Aleksey Sanin <aleksey aleksey com> wrote:

Then it probably also a good idea to remove
    #include <unistd.h>
from this file. I do not remember exactly why I used write() instead of
fwrite() here. Probably because I recently had problems with Solaris
struct _FILE because it is declared as follows:

struct _FILE {
    unsinged char fd;
};

and this effectevly limits the number of files opened with FILE* fopen() to

The "effective limit" on the number of open FILE * is FOPEN_MAX (7.19.1.3
introduction to 'Input/output <stdio.h>') which is declared to be the
minimum number of file that the implementation guarantees can be open
simultaneously. This shall be at least 8 (7.19.4.2.15; environmental
limits).

256 per process.  After this I am trying to avoid any FILE* usage as much
as possible. Of course, there is nothing to do with this particular case,
just automatic reaction to f<something> :)

Ah. I'm quite the opposite; Every single read/write/open/close call sets me
swearing. They're not standard C and therefore not available to the compiler
I use, thus I have to remove them at every turn. From a platform
independence point of view, non-standard C IO functions make my life hell.

[snip]

--
Gerph {djf0-.3w6e2w2.226,6q6w2q2,2.3,2m4}
... Eyes to the heavens, screaming at the sky;