Re: [xml] problems with libxml-1.8.17

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 11:34:20AM +0000, David Starks-Browning wrote:
Greetings,

I notice a couple of problems with libxml-1.8.17 as packaged at
GNOME/stable/sources/libxml.

First, ./configure complains that there is no example/Makefile.in.
But I do see example/Makefile.am.

  Known problem, fixed in libxml2 but not backported.

Second, it seems that this package must be built "in place".  This is
a bit inconvenient when building for multiple platforms simultaneously,
as I do for Linux, Tru64, IRIX and Solaris.

  Hum, I can't remember this. "make distcheck" is supposed to
check this and I think it used to work

I realise libxml-1 is not a high priority for you, but I thought I
would at least bring these to your attention.  I certainly have no
need for the above to get fixed.

  Okay, I really have a lot of work to keep up with bug reports and
enhancements for libxml2 and libxslt, so efforts on libxml1 sounds a bit
like lost cycles since it's being phased out.

Daniel